Some of you may find this post interesting and others may not. But, that’s okay because I just can’t please everyone all the time. I originally created this blog to be dynamic in the way I approach different products and came into this with the expectation of writing about both my life and beauty related topics. Health is a huge part of my life therefore I want to share with you more often about what I do to keep myself fit and healthy. The first step on this journey is filling you guys in on my grocery shopping routine!
Being healthy and staying fit is incredibly important to me because I really do enjoy feeling good about myself inside and out. A lot of people ask me how I have the figure I do. Yes, I will admit that part of it is the figure that I was born with. However, your diet is the number one thing you must change if you are looking to change your figure. Not only is it going to help you lose weight and tone but it will make your skin better, give you more energy and you will be mentally stronger.
Every week is different and every shopping trip is different. Sometimes I need everything and other times I don’t need that much. With that being said, I do shop weekly and I only pick up what I need. I like everything to be as fresh and healthy as possible so I do almost all my shopping at Sprouts. There definitely are a few items though that I just can’t seem to give up that can only be found at a regular grocery store!
- Egg Whites
- Sometimes: Salmon, Ahi or Halibut
- Almond Milk
- I don’t drink dairy so I use Almond Milk as my supplement.
- Acai/Pitaya Smoothie Packs- I love these for a sweet snack! You can add whatever you would like to them- I usually do peanut butter, banana, granola and coconut shreds.
- Fruit- I just pick whatever looks good. This week it was watermelon, cantaloupe and pineapple.
- Veggies- Again, every week is different but I usually do spinach, zucchini, artichoke, brussel sprouts or broccoli. This week it was spinach and baby tomatoes (my favorite snack).
- Sweet potato and zucchini cakes
- Carbs- I always make sure to have basmati and brown rice.
- Trail Mix- I usually go for the healthier trail mixes with dried fruits and just nuts with raisins.
- Whole Wheat Fig Bars- This week we chose blueberry.
- Healthier popcorn
- Detox cleansing juices
- Mint and lemons for my water
- From the traditional grocery store:
- Peanut butter & jelly (I can’t get on board with the healthier kinds here)
- English muffins- so obsessed with the Thomas brand double protein muffins.